Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Frozen - A Household Obsession

So, if you have young kids (especially girls) you probably can fully relate to the title of this post. Frozen is an obsession. In our house, we live and breathe Frozen. One of the few autistic traits that my daughter still frequently displays is obsessing over certain things and memorization. This can definitely be seen in her Frozen obsession. Every morning she comes in my room, flops on my bed and says "The sky's awake...so I'm awake...so we HAVE to PLAY!" I must respond appropriately (as Elsa)...or ELSE! She also frequently recites other lines from the movie, requests to watch the movie at least twice a week, ALWAYS has her Anna and Elsa dolls in hand, and can be witnessed singing "Let it Go" or "For the First Time in Forever" at least 5 times a day!

A few weeks ago, Chloe told me she wanted to be Elsa for Halloween. Thankfully, I have an AMAZING friend, Ashley, who is an aspiring fashion designer! She made Chloe an absolutely ADORABLE Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony was our last obsession, it still is AN obsession...just not quite as much as Frozen) costume last year. 

...and she's going to make Chloe an Elsa costume this year!! I know it will be absolutely gorgeous! Message me if you'd like to get in touch with her for a Halloween costume for your little one...or yourself! 


So thankfully, I've got Chloe's Elsa costume lined up for Halloween...but she wanted something to be able to wear right now...around the house. So, I took to Pinterest (you will learn that pinterest is one of the biggest lifesavers for me!). I've never been real crafty. Ever. To be honest, in elementary school I was always so self conscious about my artwork that, if it was a take home project, I'd have my dad help me with it! But, I decided with pinterest and youtube I could make something work! After lots of research, I decided I could manage a tutu! The first result was underwhelming, but Chloe LOVES it:

After finishing Chloe's...I decided I really enjoyed making it. I did some more research to perfect my technique and then made another. I was REALLY happy with the result:

So, I am officially selling tutus! A Frozen tutu is $35 (because of the special ribbon very hard to find, and the snowflake rhinestones). I'd love some custom orders, though! So tell me what you want and I'll make it happen! The tutu pictured is available. The band stretches to fit from a newborn to a size 5T (which is what Chloe wears). The tutu itself is 9.5" long. Click here to view my etsy store (this is all that's in it right now) you can place an order through Etsy, or send me an email to BuckeyeCreations@iCloud.com






That's all for now! Have a blessed day!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio