Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Doritos Casserole

My husband's favorite kind of chips is Doritos, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I was excited to try it! Plus, I figured the Doritos tacos at taco bell are pretty good and pretty much the same concept right?

Before I get started, I want to say that I wasn't CRAZY about this dish. I felt like after being baked the Doritos on top became too chewy and didn't really taste like Doritos anymore, which defeated the purpose of the dish. I did; however, really like how the beef mixture (ground beef, sour cream, salsa, cheese) turned out. So, because of that...and the fact that I really want to make this dish work for Oscar...I will try it again. Next time, though, I will make the casserole then crumble the Doritos on top after it's baked. I may add tortillas in there place in the casserole. I'll let you know when I try it :)

But, for today, I'm going to put the recipe here as I made it last night:

Layered Doritos Casserole!

Ingredients:

1 "Party" size bag Doritos
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 pkg shredded Mexican blend cheeses (2 cups)
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
1/4 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pkg taco seasoning

Optional:
Tomatos, lettuce, sour cream etc to top. (we just used sour cream)

Directions:

1) Brown ground beef or turkey, drain off grease
2) Add onions, garlic, and taco seasoning. Add water according to taco seasoning pkg.
3) Stir until thickened then turn heat down to simmer
4) In a large bowl, mix salsa, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese
5) Add ground beef to the mixture in the bowl, mix in.
6) On the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, lightly crush Doritos until covered
7) Spread ground beef mixture over the layer of Doritos
8) Make another layer of Doritos over mixture.
9) Top with 1 cup of cheese
10) Bake covered for 30 minutes

So that's it! Whenever I make it again I'll give you an update. I think on the bottom I'll use tortillas, then the beef mixture, top with cheese, bake, then crumble Doritos on top! 

Have a Blessed Day!!! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio