Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Cheesy Bowtie Skillet & S'mores Dip

Tonight I was feeling ambitious, so I decided to take this dish I found on Pinterest and make it my own! The result was actually really good!

Cheesy Bowtie Skillet
(Picture doesn't really do it justice!)
Ingredients:

1 box whole wheat bowtie pasta
1.5 jars marinara sauce
1/4 small onion
1 clove garlic
Basil flakes
Olive Oil
Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

1) Cook bowtie pasta according to box instructions with a bit of olive oil.
2) Pour a bit of olive oil into a pan (so that it coats the bottom) turn stove on low/medium heat and let the oil get hot. Saute onions and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes.
3) Add marinara sauce to the onion, garlic and oil. Turn heat up a bit and stir until bubbling slightly.
4) Drain pasta and pour unto a medium sized pot.
5) Pour sauce over pasta. Move the bowl onto the heated stove and stir.
6) Add mozzarella cheese (about 2 handfuls) and stir in until melted
7) Add a bit of basil flakes and stir in

YUM!

Well, dinner was great! We all enjoyed it! My dad would have eaten more, but I told him we had to save some for Oscar (who was still at work!). But after dinner, I had a bit of a sweet tooth. Yesterday evening, I tried to make Flan. I was doing great until my mom went to put the eggs back in the fridge for me and informed me that they were dated JUNE 3RD! Grrr! I didn't have the ingredients to start over. I went ahead and baked it just to see how it would turn out. I don't know if the bad eggs played a part in it, but it didn't turn out too well. I think it over cooked a little. I planned on trying it again tonight...but after cleaning up from last nights attempt...I really didn't want to mess with it. So, I started looking through the pantry to see what else I could find...here's what I came up with :)

S'mores Dip

This was another pinterest recipe I found...super easy!

S’more Dip photo
Link (Note: Mine did not come out looking this pretty. I think they must have not stirred the marshmallow creme in all the way. But if you don't stir it in you won't get a uniformed flavor. Besides, pretty doesn't really matter when it comes to CHOCOLATE! ;) )

Ingredients:

1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 jar marshmallow creme
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
graham crackers

Directions:

1) Pour condensed milk and chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl
2) Microwave for about 2 minutes or until chocolate chips are melted. Stop after about 1 minute and stir
3) Take out of microwave. Add Marshmallow creme and stir in.
4) Microwave for another 30 seconds.
5) Stir and serve warm with graham crackers for dipping

This was SO good...TOO good...I ended up with a tummy ache after! lol!
Really, you could dip ANYTHING in this. For the s'mores effect, obviously graham crackers is best. But Chloe dipped a few animal cookies in it. Pretzels would probably be good too! Or even strawberries or apples! Yum! (Fruit would be good...maybe that would take away some of the guilt ;) )

That's all for tonight!

Love & God Bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio